Chigiri is a forward prodigy who was chained down by a leg injury in his past but he let go of his fears while at Blue Lock so he could continue playing football wholeheartedly. When first arriving at Blue Lock, Chigiri was member of Team Z. Chigiri spent half of the First Selection avoiding participation or keeping it to a bare minimum but when he was motivated by Isagi in Team Z’s third game, he decided to let go of his fear and play football to become the world’s best striker like his rivals.
He was ranked #44 out of the original 300 forwards chosen to be part of the Blue Lock Project and is currently playing for Manshine City as a leftwing during the Neo Egoist League.
Chigiri is a young and lean man with reddish pink hair and deep pink eyes. Chigiri from a very young age has always had a very feminine face, as shown by his long eyelashes and soft facial features. He is often referred to as “Kunoichi” or “Princess” due to his feminine appearance and ninja like speed. He looks very similar to his mother and older sister. Chigiri’s hair has always been only neck length until sometime after he entered high school when he let it grow to shoulder length. Chigiri’s hair goes past his shoulders and has one long bang that sweeps to the right side of his face. During games, he tends to braid one side of his head so that it doesn’t get in his face.
At Blue Lock, Chigiri wears the standard-issued body suit (black with gray stripes) and tracksuit. During the First Selection, he wore Team Z’s blue #4 jersey and wears Team Z’s gray-capped cleats. During Second Selection, he wore Team Red‘s #44 jersey and that later switched to white when Chigiri joined Isagi’s team. During the Third Selection, he wears Team B’s #44 white jersey. It is not until the match against the Japan U-20 does Chigiri don an official blue and black Blue Lock player uniform with the #4 on it.
Chigiri from a very young age has always thought himself superior to others due to his naturally strong muscles, amazing skill in football, and his outstanding speed. He for awhile looked down on those who got in his way or annoyed him but was mostly modest. Only when he tears his ACL does his sense of superiority start to crumble and due to being harassed by the Wanima Brothers he becomes afraid of playing football wholeheartedly. He becomes so afraid of never playing football again that he rather find a reason to quit than to persevere for his dream.
When retaking a hold of his ego and ambition, Chigiri has shown to be a persistent and stubborn force on the field. He always strives to leave an effect on the field, which causes other players to notice him and acknowledge his abilities. Chigiri is shown to have great focus being a player who is constantly running through tight spaces, between players, and even switching from dribbling to passing
He enjoys taking care of his appearance often like blow drying and taking care of his hair. He also speaks about how he cares towards his injured knee.
- Counterattacker: Counterattackers are any attacking player that uses their pace to beat defenders and cause unexpected scoring opportunities at any time. They also need some degree of shooting skill. Counterattacking opportunities occur when the opposition are themselves attacking a team with most of their players forward. A counterattack happens when the ball is won back and is quickly played into space for a counterattacking player to run onto or where a player takes the ball themselves and runs with pace into a sparsely defended opposition half.
Chigiri’s natural physical disposition allows him to run at incredible speeds compared to most players and along with his great focus he is able to keep control of the ball and his speed while moving through tight spaces, between players, and switching between dribbling and passing seamlessly. After training with Manshine City, Chigiri more carefully decides where he is going to cut and run as Chigiri now aims for his ideal shooting zone using his refined speed and dribbling instead of blindly into the penalty area as fast as possible.
Immense Speed: Chigiri has naturally strong leg muscles and expert footwork, which enables him to run down the field at incredible speeds. Chigiri is generally considered to be the fastest player in Blue Lock and only players with immense speed, like Ryusei Shidou, Eita Otoya, and Zantetsu Tsurugi can compete with him. While his speed is rivaled by a handful of players, as of yet, nobody has been able to beat him in a direct contest of speed. Chigiri has even sped past Oliver Aiku, the #1 defender of the Japan U-20. This speed, combined with his perception and awareness of positioning enables him to choose the appropriate breakthrough point in an opponent’s defence and to speed through. In addition to this, Chigiri has demonstrated the ability to directly kick the ball and follow it, resulting in a wide dribble that can break apart an enemy’s formation. It is for these reasons Chigiri has one of the best breakthrough abilities in Blue Lock.
- Long-Distance Sprinting: While Chigiri may not have explosive acceleration like Zantestu or Ryusei, he is by far faster over long distance. Chigiri makes use of this weapon by “passing” to himself, sending the ball a long distance ahead of him (around 50 meters) and running to pick it up. As a result, he is able to break through even the tightest and strongest of defences with relative ease.
- No-Break Dribble: Instead of trapping a pass, Chigiri bounces the ball forward without stopping his run. He then runs at breakneck speeds with the ball in tow and during the sprint accelerates even faster without losing momentum from adjustment, being unable to be stopped by anybody trying to stop him or defend the goal.
- High-Speed Pressure: Chigiri is able to utilise his speed in a defensive manner, by quickly moving across the field to hound whoever is in possession of the ball. This pressure can force errors in opponent’s and easily allows Chigiri’s team to set up traps. However, this tactic is incredibly draining on Chigiri’s stamina, as he cannot run for a long period of time.
44 Panther Snipe: A style Chigiri developed which combines the different skills and techniques he has learnt in Blue Lock, as well as enhancing them with the training in the Neo-Egoist League, enabling him to score goals in a way that is unique to him. First, Chigiri locates his ideal shooting zone, which is approximately 44 degrees left, 19 meters from the goal. Second, he uses his cut-in to penetrate the opponent’s formation, reaching the ideal point. Third, he uses his centering technique to quickly fire a controlled shot towards the corner of the goal.
- Mach Cut-In: Chigiri baits his opponent by remaining still, then from no motion he bursts into a cut-in, going either outside or inside the opposing defender. He can perform this move multiple times, to speed past multiple defenders and eventually reach his shooting zone.
- Controlled Shot: Centering his body quickly, Chigiri is able to unleash a highly controlled and accurate shot into the top left corner of the goal.